3 layer, 100% Cotton Fabric Face Mask with nose wire and adjustable stretchy loops.
Handmade by Oh Mell in Sunshine Beach, Qld.
$2 from every mask sold will be donated to Beyond Blue.
Available in 3 sizes:
- Kids (teen)
- Large Adult (more suited to men or those with stronger features)
I am wearing a Large Adult in this photo, as you can see it is a bit big for me.
This product is for personal use and is a non-medical device. It is not a substitute for following the relevant social distancing guidelines and practicing good personal hygiene.
How to wear and care for your mask by WHO:
How to put on and wear a fabric mask:
- Before touching the mask, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Inspect the mask for tears or holes, do not use a mask that is damaged.
- Adjust the mask to cover your mouth, nose, and chin, leaving no gaps on the sides.
- Place the straps behind your head or ears. Do not cross the straps because this can cause gaps on the side of your face.
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it. If you touch it, clean your hands.
- Change your mask if it gets dirty or wet.
How to take off and store a fabric mask:
- Clean your hands before taking off the mask.
- Take off the mask by removing it from the ear loops, without touching the front of the mask.
- If your fabric mask is not dirty or wet and you plan to reuse it, put it in a clean plastic, resealable bag. If you need to use it again, hold the mask at the elastic loops when removing it from the bag. Clean your mask once a day.
- Clean your hands after removing the mask.
How to clean a fabric mask:
- Wash fabric masks in soap or detergent and preferably hot water (at least 60 degrees Centigrade/140 degrees Fahrenheit) at least once a day.
- If it is not possible to wash the mask in hot water, then wash it in soap/detergent and room temperature water, followed by boiling the mask for 1 minute.
- Make sure to clean your hands before touching your mask.
- Make sure you have your own mask and do not share it with others.
- Resist the temptation to pull down your mask to your chin or take if off when speaking to other people.
- Do not store your mask around your arm or wrist or pull it down to rest around your chin or neck. Instead, store it in a clean plastic bag.